Google Play Store is the all-in-one destination to access Android apps and games. But it isn’t the only place to download Android applications. Android device users can better look at these Play Store alternatives discussed here. There are lots of third-party app stores available just like Play Store with several hundreds of Android apps. Further, any such app stores will have millions of Android apps and games that aren’t available on Play Store itself. The article covers the best apps like Play Store and you can download it for unlimited entertainment.
Useful link: Download Google Play Store for PC Windows XP/7/8.1/10
Advantages of Using Play Store Alternatives
There are plenty of advantages upon using Google Play Store alternatives. The most common things are as follows.
- Install apps that aren’t listed on Play Store.
- When you want to install any old version of your favourite apps.
- If the latest version of the app fails to update on your device.
- When the app is removed from Play Store for any reason.
- If the app is region-specific and is not available for your country.
- When you want to access premium version at free of cost.
Do This Just Before Installing Apps like Play Store
As Play Store alternatives are third-party apps, they aren’t available on Google Play Store. So, you must download it from the third-party websites. In order to get them on the Android device, you should necessarily enable unknown sources. To do so, you may follow the procedure given below.
- Go to Android Settings at first.
- Scroll down and tap on Security.
- Click Unknown Sources option to enable it.
- When you get a prompt message, tap on Allow/OK.
Best Google Play Store Alternatives
Take a look at the Play Store alternatives from the list below.
GetJar is one of the best Google Play Store alternatives to download Android apps and games. It has several hundreds of Android apps and their older versions. The interface of GetJar is easy, simple, and user-friendly. All the apps are categorized under different categories and sub-categories. With one click, you can download any app from GetJar for Android device.
Pros of GetJar:
- Downloading apps from GetJar is pretty fast.
- Apps and games available in it are safe and free from virus.
- Keeps updating the apps and games frequently.
- It supports downloading themes and games.
- Has apps from other OS like Windows, BlackBerry, Symbian, etc.
Mobogenie is yet another Play Store alternative with large user-base. Any Android users can download apps and games for free. It has listed a wide range of Android applications under different categories. The user can search and download apps instantly for free in one-click. Over time, Mobogenie will learn your preference and gives you a curated list of apps. In addition to apps, the user can download apps, videos, images, etc.
Pros of Mobogenie:
- It is available in multiple languages.
- Features user-friendly interface.
- The users can backup and restore data from the Android device.
- Supports transferring files, contacts, etc, on connecting Android phone with PC.
3. Amazon App Store
Amazon App Store can be used as the Google Play Store alternative. It is an Android app store that features thousands of free and paid apps. There are a wide range of apps available on it. In addition to this, you can access free titles, books, movies, songs, etc, at a low price. Installation of Amazon App Store apk on Android will take only few minutes. It features reliably simple interface and downloading apps is easy as they are listed under various genres.
Pros of Amazon App Store:
- At one low price, you can install and access Android apps.
- Lots of paid or premium apps are available at free of cost.
- Every day, you will get access to the Free App of the Day with this app store.
F-Droid is one of the best Play Store alternative to instantly download and install Android apps. It has a vast collection of apps and they can be accessed for free. Almost all of the apps are well categorized and they are open source. So, you can easily alter the source code of any app as per your liking to customize it. Use the configuration options to customize your search.
Pros of F-Droid:
- You don’t require a user account to use F-Droid app.
- It lets you download multiple versions of any apps.
- None of your personal information are stored on F-Droid.
- Further, it will notify you when an update is available.
- Supports sharing apps to other devices via Bluetooth or NFC.
APKMirror is an app like Play Store as it supports a wide range of Android apps. It is a third-party app store to conveniently download tons of Android apk files. The users of APKMirror can search for the Android apk and download it. It supports downloading specific version of an Android app. APKMirror offers a web page view and is unlike other Android apps. However, downloading and installing any app is easy and can be done within minutes.
Pros of APKMirror:
- Apps available on APKMirror are malware and virus free.
- With chronological order arrangements, finding and installing apk is easy.
- Users can submit apps to APKMirror to let others download it.
- Apps will be up-to-date and you can choose to access anything from latest to oldest version.
SlideME is a popular Google Play Store alternative. It works as an Android marketplace and the users can download thousands of apps. The interface of SlideME is simple and you can explore apps or game effortlessly. Download Android apps by browsing from different categories. SlideME will bring you editor’s pick and the users can download them.
Pros of SlideME:
- It supports free and premium Android apps.
- With SlideME, the users can manage the downloads easily.
- You can upload your own Android app to let the community download it.
- Aside all, it will notify you of the apps that are new to the store.
Uptodown is an Android app store or Play Store alternative with which you can download best free apps. It is unlike Play Store as it offers a browser-like interface. You need not sign up with Google to access its features. With Uptodown, you will be able to install even the location-specific apps and games.
Pros of Uptodown:
- It supports downloading a large number of apps.
- You can download older version of any apps.
Useful link: How to Update Google Play Store App in 3 Simple Ways
The list of Play Store alternatives given here are handpicked. It will help you install any Android apps effortlessly on an Android device. Pick the one that you like to download and install Android apk for free.